Dean of Scholar Supports
The Dean of Scholar Supports role is designed to support scholars with exceptional needs or possible exceptional needs at Nashville Classical. Bottom-line, this role works with our school’s most vulnerable and hardest working scholars and it is essential to our
The ideal candidate possesses
- Multiple more years teaching Special Education.
- Experience managing a Special Education caseload.
- Ability to design and coordinate a tiered referral process with multiple stakeholders (scholars, parents, teachers, administrators, and central office employees) that urgently leads students to achieve.
Duties include but are not limited to the following areas
- Review weekly lesson plans and provide modifications, as necessary.
- Teach small groups in guided reading.
- Teach small groups in guided math.
- Monitor referrals for students with special needs.
- Design behavior interventions for students with special needs.
- Implement school-wide systems for academics and behavior.
- Engage families through phone calls, home visits, bus rides, and notes.
- Design processes to monitor progress of Tier II, Tier III and exceptional students.
- Compile data for meetings, updates, and annual reports.
- Participate in a three-week summer staff training prior to school’s opening.
- Participate in weekly professional development on Friday afternoons.
- Design and lead professional development on school’s referral process.
- Design and lead professional development on modifications.
Additional duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing a team of intervention teachers and paraprofessionals
- Coordinate relationships with the district’s office of exceptional education.
- Coordinate a child find referral process with multiple stakeholders.
- Monitor school compliance using Easy IEP and other tools.
- Attend weekly Leadership Team Meetings.
The Dean of Scholar Supports receives a competitive salary and full benefits package. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out the application below. After submission, please email a cover letter and resume to careers@NashvilleClassical.org.
This page will not save your data, so we recommend writing your answers out in another editing platform. For the Written Interview Questions, approximately 250 words per question. There are no “correct” answers; however, the more specific you can be the better.