2018–2019 Elementary (K–4) Lead Teachers
Nashville Classical Charter School is a college preparatory public charter school in its fourth year of operation. Our school currently enrolls 381 K-4 grade scholars. For the 2018–2019 school year, we are looking for Elementary (K–4) Lead Teachers.
- Write weekly lesson plans in one subject to be shared across the grade level.
- Build an achievement-oriented culture during morning and afternoon circle.
- Internalize, individualize, and execute common lesson plans.
- Make instructional choices with joy and urgency.
- Teach whole group, small group and individual lessons with rigor.
- Engage in an ongoing data-driven cycle of assessment, analysis, and action.
- Provide consistent rewards and consequences for behavior.
- Implement school-wide systems for academics and behavior.
- Engage families through phone calls, home visits, bus rides, and notes.
- Participate in an annual three-week staff training prior to school’s opening.
- Commit to teach an extended daily schedule: Student’s day is 7:45am–4:00pm.
- Commit to daily professional development: Teacher’s day is 7:15am–4:20pm.
- Do whatever it takes to achieve the mission of Nashville Classical.
Our team is hardworking, humble, and smart. We come from diverse backgrounds and bring different skills, but all of us believe a child’s destiny cannot be decided by wealth, race, or background.
A TEACHER’S MISSION
A Nashville Classical Lead Teacher is responsible for leading a classroom of 24–28 students to multiple years of academic achievement and social growth within a single school year. Lead Teachers write shared lesson plans; teach literacy and math blocks; supervise breakfast and recess; administer assessments and track achievement data. Most importantly, they build enduring relationships with students and their families.
COMPENSATION AND COMPETENCIES
We offer a generous compensation package that surpasses our local district and equip staff with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated workspace, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and necessary classroom supplies. As As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Our experience has shown that success at Nashville Classical has little to do with years teaching, graduate degrees, or your prior school. Instead, our star performers possess:
- Intelligence: they focus on details, communicate with precision, and quickly become masters of their content and their grade level.
- Initiative: our team is action. We are more excited to be outstanding than afraid to do something wrong.
- Integrity: our teachers speak up when they don’t know something or think we are headed the wrong way. Even when the right thing is difficult, they do it.
- Urgency: we need teachers to move fast. If something does not work, we switch it, change, and rearrange it until it is fixed.
Ready to apply?
Please fill out the application below. After submission, please email a cover letter and resume to careers@NashvilleClassical.org.
For the written interview questions, approximately 250 words per question. There are no “correct” answers; however, the more specific you can be the better. This page will not save your data, so we recommend writing your answers out in a text editor (like Apple Pages or Microsoft Word) first.