Upper Elementary Math Teacher
Nashville Classical Charter School is a college preparatory public charter school in its sixth year of operation. Our school currently enrolls 381 K-5 grade scholars. For the 2018–2019 school year, we are looking for Elementary (K–4) Associate Teachers.
- Write weekly lesson plans in one subject to be shared across the grade level.
- Internalize, individualize, and execute common lesson plans.
- Make instructional choices with joy and urgency.
- Teach whole group, small group and individual lessons with rigor.
- Engage in an ongoing data-driven cycle of assessment, analysis, and action.
- Provide consistent rewards and consequences for behavior.
- Implement school-wide systems for academics and behavior.
- Engage families through phone calls, home visits, bus rides, and notes.
- Commit to teach an extended daily schedule: Student’s day is 7:40am–3:15pm.
- Commit to daily professional development: Teacher’s day is 7:15am–4:20pm.
- Do whatever it takes to achieve the mission of Nashville Classical.
Our team is hardworking, humble, and smart. We come from diverse backgrounds and bring different skills, but all of us believe a child’s destiny cannot be decided by wealth, race, or background.
A Teacher's Mission:
A Nashville Classical Associate Teacher is responsible for supporting a classroom of 24–28 students to multiple years of academic achievement and social growth within a single school year. Associate Teachers write shared lesson plans; teach small groups during literacy and math blocks; supervise breakfast and recess; administer assessments and track achievement data. Most importantly, they build enduring relationships with students and their families.
We offer a generous compensation package that surpasses our local district and equip staff with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated workspace, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and necessary classroom supplies. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out the application below. After submission, please email a cover letter and resume to careers@NashvilleClassical.org.
This page will not save your data, so we recommend writing your answers out in another editing platform. For the Written Interview Questions, approximately 250 words per question. There are no “correct” answers; however, the more specific you can be the better.