Long Term Substitute Teacher - Lower Elementary
With high expectations and hard work, Nashville Classical’s Lower Elementary teachers lead scholars to multiple years of reading growth and social development within a single school year. Teachers ensure unprecedented academic success by designing curriculum, managing a classroom, and partnering with colleagues across subjects and grade levels. Nashville Classical seeks educators committed to making history with joy and urgency for a long-term substitute teacher position to begin in October 2018 and end before the 2018 Winter holidays.
- Implement reading curricula and activities to meet TN and Common Core elementary standards with joy and urgency that include course blueprints, assessments, and daily lesson materials.
- Pursue excellence by leading students to measurable academic achievements in classroom, state, and national assessments including TNReady and NWEA MAPP Reading.
- Use formative assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Provide consistent rewards and consequences to drive student culture.
- Meaningfully engage families in their scholar’s academic achievement through phone calls, home visits, and notes.
- Receive and implement routine, ongoing feedback and support from an outstanding leadership team and faculty.
- Commit to teach an extended daily schedule and daily professional development.
- Do whatever it takes to achieve the mission of Nashville Classical.
Our experience has shown that success at Nashville Classical has little to do with years teaching, graduate degrees, or your prior school. Instead, our star performers possess:
- A High Bar: Pursues excellence by practicing and maintaining a high bar for academics, student engagement, and professional development.
- Growth Mindset: Exhibits a growth mindset by feeling personally responsible for all students and working successfully alongside peers.
- Joy: Powered by joy to drive classroom culture, peer relationships, and family interactions.
Valid state teaching certification is not required, but highly preferred. Substitute teachers must have an Associates degree or minimum 60 hours of college credit.
We offer a generous compensation package that surpasses our local district and equip staff with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated workspace, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and necessary classroom supplies. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out the application below. After submission, please email a resume to careers@NashvilleClassical.org.
This page will not save your data, so we recommend writing your answers out in another editing platform. For the Written Interview Questions, approximately 250 words per question. There are no “correct” answers; however, the more specific you can be the better.