Long Term Substitute Music Teacher - Upper Elementary
Nashville Classical’s Specials teachers, including Music, hold the primary responsibility of implementation and development of NCCS’s Specials curriculum and the success of its scholars. Therefore, Nashville Classical seeks substitute teachers who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration, joy, and urgency. Classical seeks educators committed to making history with joy and urgency for a long-term substitute music teacher position to begin in September 2018 and ends in November 2018.
- Plan and teach varied curriculum that inspire love of Music to second-fifth grade scholars
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Communicate the rationale behind why Music is important for scholars today and for a lifetime
- Receive and implement routine, ongoing feedback and support from an outstanding leadership team and faculty
- Provide consistent rewards and consequences for behavior.
- Engage families through phone calls and notes.
- Do whatever it takes to achieve the mission of Nashville Classical.
Our full-time substitute music teacher will have:
- Experience teaching Music, either in small group or large group setting
- Valid state teaching certification is not required, but highly preferred. Substitute teachers must have an Associates degree or minimum 60 hours of college credit.
- The drive to ensure that joyful, rigorous instruction and activities are delivered to every scholar, every single day.
Valid state teaching certification is not required, but highly preferred. Substitute teachers must have an Associates degree or minimum 60 hours of college credit.
We offer a generous compensation package that surpasses our local district and equip staff with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated workspace, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and necessary classroom supplies. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out the application below. After submission, please email a cover letter and resume to careers@NashvilleClassical.org.
This page will not save your data, so we recommend writing your answers out in another editing platform. For the Written Interview Questions, approximately 250 words per question. There are no “correct” answers; however, the more specific you can be the better.