Lower Elementary Co-Teacher
Co-Teachers in our lower elementary classrooms teach alongside a Homeroom Teacher. Co-Teachers do not require a full year of classroom experience. Typically, Co-Teachers either are seeking certification or coming directly out of an undergraduate education program. While this position will start immediately and replace a teacher on maternity leave, it may lead to full-time, continued employment for the 2018-2019 school year and beyond.
- An undergraduate degree (any major)
- Authorized to work in the US
- If uncertified, NCCS can assist with certification pathways
Classroom Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Teach small group lessons in English Language Arts and Mathematics
- Internalize, rehearse, and deliver lessons to students
- Support classroom instruction and management across subjects
- Supervise school-wide procedures such as bathrooms, snack, and lunch
- Provide consistent rewards and consequences for behavior
- Implement school-wide systems for academics and behavior
- Engage families through phone calls, home visits, bus rides, and notes
- Engage in an ongoing cycle of assessment, analysis and action
- Participate in a rigorous onboarding process and ongoing professional development before, during, and after school hours.
Co-teachers receive a salary between 28,000 – 37,000 depending on experience in schools and prior certification.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out the application below. After submission, please email a cover letter and resume to careers@NashvilleClassical.org.
This page will not save your data, so we recommend writing your answers out in another editing platform. For the Written Interview Questions, approximately 250 words per question. There are no “correct” answers; however, the more specific you can be the better.