Nashville Classical’s Fellowship Program attracts highly-qualified candidates who are driven to see history made in public education. While they change the lives of students, we believe fellows will also change their own lives. Fellows have a dedicated manager and engage in Nashville Classical’s data-driven professional coaching and development. Past Fellows have included graduate students at Vanderbilt’s Peabody College and alumni of Teach For America. Our most immediate past fellow is joining our team as the Operations Coordinator.
A Fellow’s Mission
Fellows impact the school in a variety of areas and are responsible for optimizing the school’s performance in three areas.
- School operations, planning, and project management
- Direct support to students, families, teachers, and administrators
- Special event coordination
Fellows accomplish a variety of tasks and each Fellowship is tailored to the individual. In the past, Fellows have worked to:
Support school operations:
- Assist with arrival, snack, lunch, and dismissal procedures
- Video and catalogue school’s highest-achieving classrooms
- Log attendance, LifeWork (homework) completion, and Independent Reading participation
- Compile data on enrolled families
- Manage supplies and materials
Provide direct support:
- Welcome and host families during visits and tours at the Front Desk
- Work with scholars in small group tutoring or classroom support
- Support teachers in common spaces: hallways, bathrooms, and cafeteria
Coordinate Special Events:
- Plan and execute events: Open Houses, Back to School Night, and Conferences.
- Gather data and assess success of parent/community engagement events
A Fellow should have a variety of skills, but the following are requirements:
- Proficiency in a variety of software: MS Word, Excel, Google Applications
- Experience working with diverse populations, families, and children
- Customer-service attitude and mindset
- Desire to make history
Schedule and Salary
The position involves a year-long and includes a modest stipend. We are currently hiring for the following Fellowships:
- July 2017 – June 2018
While the Fellowship’s expectations are flexible above all else, we believe the following represents core expectations:
- Be present and engaged for up to 30 hours of project-related work per week
- Work periodic evenings and weekends as needed
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out the application below. After submission, please email a cover letter and resume to careers@NashvilleClassical.org.
This page will not save your data, so we recommend writing your answers out in another editing platform. For the Written Interview Questions, approximately 250 words per question. There are no “correct” answers; however, the more specific you can be the better.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.