School-based Mental Health Professional
With high expectations and hard work, Nashville Classical’s founding School-based Mental Health Professional (MHP) leads NCCS’s scholars with the greatest need to unprecedented personal development. The MHP ensures success for scholars by creating, refining, and implementing systems that support diverse, high-need scholars in academic and personal pursuits aligned to NCCS’s core values. The MHP works side by side with school leadership, teachers, and families to ensure scholars receive services that address needs best. Nashville Classical seeks licensed mental health professionals committed to marking history with joy and urgency for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Work closely with the Principal, Dean of Scholar Supports, and teachers to ensure that social and mental health services are delivered quickly and effectively
- Lead referrals, case conferencing, training, and communication related to scholar social and mental health
- Manage or remove social and mental obstacles that prevent or limit a scholar’s academic achievement
- Provide individual or group therapy, interventions, and treatment to scholars
- Provide clinical case management
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled family conferences and staff or scholar meetings
- Assist with the development and implementation of school-wide mental health policies and procedures
- Support staff with writing and implementing individual scholar plans
- Maintain effective partnerships with community-based mental health organizations in order to refer families when appropriate
- Maintain ongoing communication with scholars’ families regarding interventions and progress and assist families in addressing scholar need to create consistency between home and school
- Perform accurate and timely record-keeping and documentation of all client-related activities (e.g., progress notes and treatment plans).
- Manage and maintain all records, including documentation of all interventions, conferences, and communications, with scholars and families.
- Commit to work an extended school year and daily professional development
- Do whatever it takes to achieve the mission of Nashville Classical
One of the following licenses is required for this position: certified guidance counselor, licensed social worker, licensed professional counselor, or licensed mental health counselor. Aside from appropriate licensure, our star performers possess:
- A High Bar: Pursues excellence by practicing and maintaining a high bar for scholar outcomes and professional development.
- Growth Mindset: Exhibits a growth mindset by feeling personally responsible for all scholars and working successfully alongside peers.
- Joy: Powered by joy to drive school culture, peer relationships, and family interactions.
We offer a generous compensation package that surpasses our local district and equip staff with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated workspace, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and necessary classroom supplies. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out the application below. After submission, please email a cover letter and resume to careers@NashvilleClassical.org.
This page will not save your data, so we recommend writing your answers out in another editing platform. For the Written Interview Questions, approximately 250 words per question. There are no “correct” answers; however, the more specific you can be the better.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.